Skip to main content

Everything is forgotten? Train your brain regularly!

Everything is forgotten? Train your brain regularly!

The brain needs training as well as the body. This is especially important when you have a diagnosis of G35 - multiple sclerosis. Cognitive problems, in particular problems with short-term memory of everyday life, affect nearly 80% of patients. And the most common cognitive problem is the loss of short-term memory.

We've already written about forgetting, but it's never enough because we've forgotten everything we've already forgotten that we read and even wrote. So along with all of them, write: write, include reminders, keep calendars in the cell phone, write to "post it" and paste in visible places, I still forget. Searching for keys from cars, wallets, glasses and cell phones is my everyday life and frustrating me to the extent that I'm thinking to keep it all on a leash around my neck.


This may not often be spoken of in medical terms, and sometimes it seems to me that I do not pay enough attention to it, probably because it is important for us all to be that the longer moving and cognitive problems opposite to the expropriation are made as a song, but is it really So? On a daily basis, when you look at your life, constant forgetting over time becomes something that is not easy to live. In fact, it seems to me because of this "little thing" that I experienced it at the beginning, I actually have the most problems today.
Basically, in short, I lost short-term memory if one found, mine is, please return it to me!
Actually, the least problem is when I forget where the cell phone is and the key, but when I forget the control of a doctor because the alarm was ringing in the morning, and the review was scheduled at 12.00, and until then, this information was evaporated, then I have a big problem. The problem is when I did not go to parental, dental, meeting ... My neurologist says it should boost the dose of B12 for this and play brain games. So after I finally accepted that I have to practice every day now, I have to practice my brain every day.

Just now I have a problem - in 24 hours it takes one day for 8 hours to sleep, 8 hours to work, 2 hours looking for what I lost, clock for brain training.


OK, I can just reorganize it .... If I do not forget

Brain games you have a lot on the Internet, but somehow it seems to me that we have to deal with this problem more seriously. So, dear subordinates, after training, train your brain, sharpen it, bend our white spots in the head and the holes and let's brain ... And please do not forget to include the alarm, a reminder and write down on.

Interesting anegdotes with forgetfulness could be a book for themselves. This is normal in multiple sclerosis. Yes, do not worry if you forget. This is actually one of the symptoms that, unlike others, can be fun. Perhaps morbidly this sounds fun, but how else to call the fact that you find the phone in the refrigerator, three times a day you are looking for a wallet and you find it in your shoe and the keys to the house in the microwave.

Smart people are writing, my friends advise me. Write it up and it'll be easier. And so I listen and I write. First, I wrote everything in the diary, the whole thing was nicely organized. Until the day I lost my diary. Then I started writing in the cell phone. There was already a problem there. I write the labels and later I do not know what it meant to mean. It's in the calendar - Tuesday - it's buying sands, walnuts, herbs, tears, nut, pap ... What does this mean? Obviously, it was perfectly clear to me when I was writing, but when I read, nothing else was clear.


This is just one of the many invisible symptoms of our multiple. Do you have similar experiences? These occasions are more common and are often the reason for laughing laughter during our socializing. Just past training our practice was more like a stand up comedy than training (I practice shooting by air gun).

Otherwise, according to a study conducted by Americans, from cognitive problems in multiple sclerosis, the most common is the loss of short-term memory, followed by problems with finding the right word (this shows up on the thigh - if it can be fun, and we have new words for a brand new dictionary). The third in a row of cognitive problems is the problem with concentration and ultimately a slow excuse - if I do not have this problem, I believe that it is clear to you already from reading my blog.

Conclusion

We often forget: scheduled appointments, birthdays, somebody's names, words, phone numbers, even how to do something that we are doing for years. Multitasking is practically impossible. Expecting us to deal with difficult situations that require profound reflection is questionable because we can not just make our brains work properly ... Some call it brain fog, I call it MS fog ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL ABOUT MS The role of the family (Part 17)

ALL ABOUT MS The role of the family (Part 17) Need help: from whom to ask for? Contact with a neurologist is necessary from the diagnosis of MS. In addition, it is necessary to cooperate with other professionals who are involved in the treatment of MS patients, such as physiatrists, psychologists, social workers, physiotherapists, nurses. Associations with MS can provide useful information and support. There is a wide array of different types of societies and associations that are not directly targeted at MS, but they can be a refuge and a source of energy necessary for further life. Support groups for families with MS suffer a great deal of help. Talking with others who have a sick member helps in several ways. It is possible to share with them the current problems and to hear how they have managed in similar situations. Often, it only helps to know that there are others with similar problems, which reduces the sense of isolation. Help and support from friends is always w

ALL ABOUT MS (Part 2)

Types and course of the disease The course of the disease is different and difficult to predict in each person, but over time, as the MS shows certain regularities when the disease is monitored over a longer period of time, most patients can be classified into one of four MS forms. When determining MS forms, knowledge of the previous course of the disease is used to try to predict a further course of the disease. MS forms are: relapse-remitent, secondary progressive, primarily progressive and progressive-relapse form. Relapse-remitent form In 85% to 90% of diseased illnesses begin as a relapse-remitent form. In these patients, unpredictable seizures (so called relapse, exacerbations, mosses, and swabs) are observed, followed by periods when the disease recedes (remission) and in which the patient's condition returns to what was before the attack, and may also be left behind damage. When the patient's condition always returns to what was before the attack, it is usu

Psychosocial counseling is mandatory

Psychosocial counseling is mandatory People with MS are more prone to stress than other people. With everyday stresses of modern life, MS patients are still threatened by the diagnosis, which only falls into acute stress. As MS is an unpredictable disease, the uncertainty and anticipation of the next aggravation is a particular source of stress. Multiple sclerosis brings with it a change of image about oneself, relationships with family, friends, colleagues. In addressing these problems, the role of psychosocial support and assistance is invaluable. In people living with MS, the problems of psychological nature are more often related to the personality of the diseased, the reaction to illness, and the way of adjusting and reorganizing oneself according to the change that has occurred and which the disease inevitably carries with it, rather than being associated with the illness itself cause of the problem. MS sufferers face loss of health and this loss causes a very stron