Skip to main content

5 THINGS that ill from multiple sclerosis will not say

5 THINGS that ill from multiple sclerosis will not say

If you have a spouse, child, relative or friend suffering from multiple sclerosis, you need to know about some of the problems that come with this disease, and they have not been told. And very probably this is only a small part of the overall problems that this person is wearing. MS brings with it some invisible symptoms that can be difficult to explain to those who do not suffer from this disease.


I bring you the 5 most common problems with whom they are worn and who probably did not explain it to you.

1. I do not stand when people tell me "I'm tired."


For patients suffering from multiple sclerosis fatigue is an integral part of life. The problem is that many people hold this fatigue with a common fatigue, which heals sometimes feel. That does not mean literally "I'm tired". When people tell me "I understand you completely and I'm tired I did not sleep at all tonight," I do not know what to say. Well, actually, I'm not saying anything. People simply can not understand that afternoon sleep or enough sleep during the night will not solve the exhaustion that we feel because of multiple sclerosis. It's not unusual for MS patients to get up, dry out, and that's all they can do at that day. Even when physically feeling well and ready, the fog in the head can cause a mental fatigue that prevents us from doing anything. In this case, your help is welcome, and a comment that you understand us because you are tired yourself and you know how to, however, omit it.

2. I would like you to ask my nearest whether they need help.


What many people often hear is: "Tell me if you need something." Instead, it would be good to offer something specifically like "I'm going to the store, what to get you", and also to offer the same to my closest. My brother, for example, helps a lot and there is a lot of that on his back. Going to grocery store, garden maintenance, pet care and most household jobs fall to our nearest. In fact, a lot of things are done by our closest neighbors and their help is actually helping us. In my case, with my brother, a part of the weight of my illness is borne by my mom, who is available and jumps whenever needed.

3. I do not know if I will be able to next week!


MS symptoms are unpredictable and vary day by day. It's very difficult for us to plan in advance, even for the next week. Even the weather forecast has an impact on our plans. If it's too hot, our symptoms worsen and that's important, and the same thing is, if it's too cold. In other words, do not count on us these days. Most of my friends already understand this, but it's still not clear to some. It's difficult for us to organize, whatever it was. It's difficult to plan with us, and do not take it personally. Your suggestion that we go somewhere is surely well-intentioned, but we do not know if we will be able to go and participate in the activities that you have planned on that day. It's something you need to get used to, as well as ourselves.

4. Although I look good, it does not mean that I am well!


Many people often face the comment: Do you look good! The primary reason is if we do not currently have obvious physical symptoms such as limping and walking problems. Such comments in us cause a feeling that you and your illness do not feel us seriously. It is very difficult to see invisible symptoms that we feel are explained by words. If you suffer from illness, they tell you to feel terrible do not force them to explain what it means. Sometimes we feel shots, pulses, burns in various parts of the body, and sometimes it is some kind of phantom pain we do not even know and can not explain. This confuses our loved ones and our friends. People with multiple sclerosis can look healthy, but at the same time fight with countless invisible problems. But, too, sometimes they can feel just as good as they look to you, at least for a moment.

5. Sometimes we say we do not have MS.



Many people with multiple sclerosis are well cared for with their diagnosis and care for themselves in all ways available to them. But it's not uncommon, especially in newborns, that they are terrified by the fact that they have been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and do not actually accept their diagnosis at all. In these cases, they are suffering from illness, because they currently feel quite well, do not go regularly to the neurologist, on scheduled searches, and avoid taking therapy, as well as everything related to the diagnosis. Here it is up to you to help a person to accept your illness and encourage it. If nothing else is to be heard at all and be with her, pay attention to the plan of treatment and control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ALL ABOUT MS The role of the family (Part 19)

ALL ABOUT MS The role of the family (Part 19) Deform in behavior and misbehavior Very few MS patients have behavioral disorders due to the inability to control sexual impulses. This type of behavior is due to damage to the inhibitory functions of the brain. Unsuitable behavior is caused by the loss of cognitive ability due to the demyelination of significant cognitive areas in the brain. Family members should know that this is beyond the conscious control of the patient and that it is not a sign of moral weakness or sociopathic tendencies, but of illness. The treatment of the patient and the response to his behavior is very complex, and includes medication, psychiatric and neurological assistance with parallel psychotherapy. Family members need support in the form of advisory work, as this behavior can lead to unpleasant situations. Sometimes it is necessary to control these people in order to prevent possible outbursts. Whom to contact for help? For each of the emot...

My FEELING, My train of THOUGHT (Part 1)

My FEELING, My train of THOUGHT Inspired by thoughts, I am created this my short text, which is engraved in my mind!   Certainly, things like this in  future time will be a lot more!  These short texts best describe our feelings, so read carefully and with .... Just READ The direction of the eye So wrong Avoiding the soul So missing I'm not asking Our existence Just asking Why am I in a war with my hands? Why am I in a war with my feet? Why am I in the war with me? And after all, I'm still going I'm not showing I do not share I do not need it What you have to give, GIVE!

Color of MS! Everyday!

Color of MS! Everyday! Multiple sclerosis or MS, as we call it short, means a lot. But first of all, you must be strong and have to invest a lot of energy to make your life look the same as before the illness. How many of the bizarre things I will emphasize today are actually very important in everyday life and really help how crazy it sounds. A few tips for a safer everyday life with multiple sclerosis: 1. Always leave important things like keys, phone, purses, glasses in the same place. If you have not had a place for these things, now find it. Always return the things to where they stand because you know how to hurry somewhere. You can never find keys, cell phone or glasses. If they are always in the same place this will never be a problem. A lot of stressful situations will be avoided if you adopt this new routine. 2. Close the kitchen cabinets - yes, always close them. You know how awkward we can be and you know that you will quickly forget that you have opened t...